Designed to be heavy
is a collaborative effort between WMD and electro-dance heavyweights MSTRKRFT. TRSHMSTR features an aggressive combination of band-pass filtering (FLTR) and distortion (DRV). The FLTR and DRV sections can be used independently or together to produce a wide variety of tone-shaping, from subtle distress to full-on acid destruction. The INs and OUTs of the FLTR and DRV sections are cross-normalled, so you can run your signal through FLTR and into DRV or vice-versa with no extra patching.
Link to the manual >FLTR
- FLTR is a nasty and versatile band-pass filter
- Three resonance flavors change the character of FLTR’s feedback saturation.
- DRV section provides a wide range of overdrive tones.
- The HPF switch gives you control over the amount of lows allowed to enter
- the overdrive circuit
- The DRV also has three unique flavor settings.
- CV control over frequency, resonance, gain, and tone.
- CV attenuverters for both FREQ and GAIN control.
- LED indicators for frequency, resonance, gain, and tone
- KEY IN for filter tracking.
is a band-pass filter with self-oscillating resonance and three feedback flavors. It is calibrated to have a vocal range that evokes vintage wah voicings. The FLAVOR switch controls the type and amount of FLTR’s resonance clipping. In Flavor 1 (down position) provides heavily asymmetric silicon diode and LED clipping, allowing your signal to remain musical and organic sounding. FLAVOR 2 (up position) adds more resonance and grit using Zener Diode clipping, but still keeps your original signal intact. FLAVOR 3 (middle) pulls out all the stops (and clipping diodes) and overtakes the incoming signal with intense resonance and filter saturation.
circuit is based very loosely on Tube Screamer designs of old, but it has been painstakingly re-voiced to compliment a wider frequency range and higher levels of gain. We have replaced the original TS input filter with a trimode high-pass filter (HPF) that allows you to get everything from nasally grime to bass fuzz. In position 1 (down) you have the stock TS setting, with
some low frequencies removed, but still a lot of chunk. Position 2 (up) lets the bass through, while position 3 (middle) cuts lows even more accentuating the zipper-like overtones of the incoming signal. In addition to the three HPF modes, the DRV section features three FLAVOR modes. FLAVOR 1 (down) uses symmetrical silicon diodes to a compressed and
scooped tone with lots of fuzzy gain. FLAVOR 2 (up) aligns the silicon diodes asymmetrically, creating more odd order harmonics. FLAVOR 3 (center) provides a less compressed and more crunchy tone using LEDs as clipping
- Power: +12V = 56mA; -12V = 53mA
- Size: 12hp
- Depth: 25mm with power connected.
- Every WMD product is warranted for 12 months after purchase, but please contact us if you ever have problems. We will take care of you.