Bastl Instruments Midi Looper
Looping is one of the fastest and most intuitive ways of music-making. It's always been great for improv and invention, but why not try it with MIDI messages this time?
The Bastl Midilooper is an experimental device that will help you do just that. It listens to control information about notes, dynamics, and other parameters, and it loops them in a way an audio looper would process pieces of audio. Since the MIDI loops remain in the control domain, many other processes can happen simultaneously on top of them - so you can explore timbre modulation, envelope adjustments, and way more!
Plug & Play
The device fits into any playful production workflow, and it can be synchronized with other gear like synths and controllers either by MIDI clock or analog clock, or it can also run on its own clock (tap tempo/free running).
The Midilooper offers 3 voices that can each be assigned to a different MIDI channel, allowing it to control 3 other devices. Each voice can be individually recorded, muted, overdubbed, or cleared as you go.
The Midilooper also offers some basic processing of the recorded information: transposition, velocity locking and shifting, quantization, shuffle, humanization (random variations of velocity), adjusting the length of the loop, or doubling and halving of the playback speed.
In addition, it features CV and trigger inputs to integrate with modular synthesizers so you can reset, re-trigger, manipulate velocity, and transpose. It can also be controlled by connecting a foot pedal.
- 3 independent voices (each has MIDI channel assigned)
- transpose mode
- octave transpose
- quantize, velocity lock, shuffle, humanize
- odd loop lengths, time stretch
- mute, clear, erase
- one MIDI Input and two MIDI Outputs
- clock input (accepts analog clock or TRS MIDI Clock)
- 3.5mm TRS MIDI TYPE A input
- analog reset input
- metronome output
- CV input connectivity (transpose, velocity, re-trigger)
- pedal control (record, clear, voice selection)
- USB powered
- adjustable divider/multiplier for the analog clock
- Manufacturer's warranty
- Pre-orders ship 1-2 days after arrival in NZ
- Free NZ/AU shipping on all orders over NZ$299
- Free worldwide shipping on all orders over USD$499